Shipping appliances can be difficult. Most traditional shipping companies don’t have the capacity or the capability to handle large appliances such as washing machines, ovens or refrigerators. What’s more, you may not have enough appliances to fill a semi-trailer. That’s where GoShip.com can make shipping appliances easier for you. Our appliance shipping and delivery services provide a cost-effective, easy-to-use and time-saving way to ship appliances where you need them the most.
The Benefits of Appliance Delivery with GoShip.com
- Free and instant freight quotes
- Full truckload and less-than-truckload shipping options
- 24/7 shipment tracking
- A wide network of freight carriers
- The self-service platform that lets you book a shipment easily within a few clicks
How to Ship Your Appliances
Shipping appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers or stoves require a little extra care to avoid damaging them during shipping.
- Defrost refrigerators at least 24 hours ahead of time
- Remove and pack all shelves and drawers separately
- Clean and pack ovens, all racks, knobs, and grills separately
- Washers and dryers should have their hoses removed and packed by themselves — with the dryer’s drum properly secured
- All appliances with doors should have them taped and secured to avoid falling open during transit
How does appliance delivery work?
Shipping appliances can be difficult without the use of a semitrailer. However, the majority of the time, you won’t be shipping enough to fill the entire trailer. Meaning, you’ll be paying for space in the trailer you aren’t using. Hiring a private vehicle to deliver your appliances is another option. However, this can be even more expensive than renting a semitrailer. You’ll also need to have an employee take time away from your business to make the delivery.
On the other hand, GoShip.com makes shipping large appliances much easier and more cost-effective than any other option you might have. When working with GoShip.com, our experienced and courteous professionals will advise you about the best options to ship your appliances, finding you the lowest possible cost through our user-friendly platforms. Just give us the dimensions of your shipment, your point of origin and destination, and we’ll give you a free quote.
Next, you’ll be able to choose from a list of freight carriers that can handle your appliances — arranged by rate quotes and speed of service. All payments and contacts are handled through our user-friendly platforms. We’ll provide you with a bill of lading that you can present to your driver to ensure the best possible rates and service.
Get Your Free Quote Today
Appliances are some of the trickiest items to ship, but when partnering with GoShip.com, we make the process as smooth as possible for you. Want to book your shipment via GoShip.com? Get your free quote and find out what we can do to help you today!