When you visit the site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products you view, what websites or search terms refer you to, and how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files placed on your device or computer and often include a unique anonymous identifier. Here’s more information about cookies and how to disable them.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the site, and collect data, including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
GoShip collects information about your activity and behavior if you choose to list, quote, or match on the site. If you send us personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, or other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the site, we may collect such information in a file specific to you.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to purchase through the site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, e-mail address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Details of personal information we collect:
- Company Name
- Job Title
- Contact Phone Numbers
- First and Last Names
- E-mail Address
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Other personal information as necessary
How do we use your personal information?
We use the order information we generally collect to fulfill any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information, arranging to ship, and providing you with invoices and order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Marketing efforts.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (your IP address) and, more generally, to improve and optimize our site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns);
- We may use third-party advertising companies and media partners to serve ads on our website or the sites we advertise. Please note that these companies may use Usage Information about your visit to the applicable site following the policies to provide advertisements about goods and services that may interest you. In serving advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
In addition, we may use web beacons provided by third-party advertising companies to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this website to learn which advertisements bring users to our website. Learn more about third-party advertising companies, cookies, and how to “opt out” of this type of advertising.
- We use the Device Information for remarketing purposes utilizing Google display advertisements. By using Device Information, Google remarketing will show our ads on other websites you visit. You may opt out of Google’s use of Device Information by visiting “My Ad Center” or the Network Ad Initiative.
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site. Read more about how Google uses your Personal Information. You can also opt out of Google Analytics.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to protect our rights otherwise.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may interest you. For more information about targeted advertising, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by including opt-out links from whichever services you use.
Common links include:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Special note to international users
- such transfer;
- the exclusive jurisdiction of Butler County, Pennsylvania courts, and the federal courts in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you want to exercise this right, please get in touch with us through the contact information below.
Additionally, suppose you are a European resident. In that case, we are processing your information to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the site) or pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that your information will be transferred outside Europe, Canada, and the United States.
We take commercially reasonable precautions and have implemented commercially reasonable technical measures to protect against the risks of unauthorized access to, erroneous disclosure of, and unlawful interception of personal information submitted via the website or otherwise collected or possessed by GoShip. However, your e-mail transmissions and other private information communications may be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties. The website may be subject to hostile network attacks or administrative errors. We do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet.
Access to personal data
Once we receive your data, we take commercially reasonable steps to limit access to your personal information to only those employees and service providers we determine need access to the personal information to provide the requested products, services, offers, or opportunities of interest to you.
However, even after receiving your data, we cannot guarantee that this information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed due to a breach of our commercially reasonable efforts or any other event beyond our reasonable control. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that your personal information is entirely secure and safe from such risks. For the avoidance of doubt, WE expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, concerning ensuring, guaranteeing, or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your Personal Information or Device Information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
2000 Westinghouse Drive, Suite 201, Cranberry Twp., PENNSYLVANIA, 16066, United States