What items cannot be covered with freight insurance?
Freight insurance is a perfect option to protect your shipment. However, every insurance company has certain limitations on goods that can be covered.
Here is the list of items that cannot be covered with Falvey Shippers Insurance:
- Alcohol/wines/beers/similar spirits
- Automobiles/motorcycles (defined as licensed roadworthy vehicles)
- Bills, cash, checks, COD payments, coins, cotton, currency, deeds, documents, evidence of debt
- Fresh foods/produce
- Gemstones (loose stones)
- Gift cards
- Gold, silver and other precious metals
- Grandfather/grandmother clocks
- Hazardous material (per UPS Hazardous Materials List)
- Live animals
- Mobile phones
- Models (including but not limited to: ships, cars, airplanes and architectural)
- Money orders
- Neon items
- Perishable goods or similar property (defined as commodities which spoil or deteriorate when not carried or stored in a temperature controlled environment)
- Personal household goods and personal effects (non-commercial/business related shipments)
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Sailboats/motorized boats/yachts
- Securities and other negotiable papers
Please note these limitations before purchasing insurance to avoid any misconducts and delays.