Getting freight insurance is one of the best ways to protect your cargo during a delivery. Still, it’s critical to learn about the details of freight insurance coverage and non-covered items.
What are non-covered items?
Freight shipping insurance provides a wide range of services to protect your cargo from unpredictable situations. However, some types of shipped goods are considered non-covered. Insurance providers are not responsible for non-covered items in case of damage or loss. Thus, you won’t be able to receive a refund for the non-covered items.
GoShip partners with Falvey Insurance Group, a reliable freight insurance provider ready to protect your cargo during shipping. We aim to secure your products from possible damage and keep your finances safe. With GoShip, you can stay confident about delivery and your items’ state. Still, every freight insurance has limitations and a list of no-covered items.
List of non-covered items
Freight insurance is a perfect option to protect your shipment. However, every insurance company has certain limitations on goods that can be covered.
Here is the list of items that cannot be covered with Falvey Shippers Insurance:
- Alcohol/wines/beers/similar spirits
- Automobiles/motorcycles (defined as licensed roadworthy vehicles)
- Bills, cash, checks, COD payments, coins, cotton, currency, deeds, documents, evidence of a debt
- Fresh foods/produce
- Gemstones (loose stones)
- Gift cards
- Gold, silver, and other precious metals
- Grandfather/grandmother clocks
- Hazardous material (per UPS Hazardous Materials List)
- Live animals
- Mobile phones
- Models (including but not limited to ships, cars, airplanes, and architecture)
- Money orders
- Neon items
- Perishable goods or similar property (defined as commodities that spoil or deteriorate when not carried or stored in a temperature-controlled environment)
- Personal household goods and personal effects (non-commercial/business-related shipments)
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Sailboats/motorized boats/yachts
- Securities and other negotiable papers
Please note these limitations before purchasing insurance to avoid any misconduct and delays.
If you’ve had an experience with freight loss or damage, follow our guide on how to record and file a freight claim.