GoShip is proud to partner with Falvey Insurance Group to provide full-coverage all-risk freight claims insurance to our customers.
You’re covered if something has gone wrong and you purchased freight claims insurance when booking your load! Be sure to follow the instructions below to file your freight claim with Falvey and have your issue resolved ASAP.
Filing a Freight Claim:
It is imperative that you file a notice of any freight claims timely manner. File a claim with Falvey at their website and complete and send a Notice of Damage letter to your Carrier. Falvey coverage is primary coverage so you will only need to file a claim with Falvey. A completed claim file will send automated notices when completed.
Be sure to make sure the following is accurate:
- Full name of claim point of contact
- Phone number
The Insured will complete a Falvey Shippers Insurance claim form for notice of non-delivery or damage within not more than nine (9) months from the date of delivery. And in the event of damaged freight claims, and not more than nine (9) months from the date of the bill of lading in the event of a loss. Failure to do so will void any claim.
The Insured will file a written notice of loss or damage with the Carrier within the Carrier’s claim reporting period. But in no event shall such notification exceed more than nine (9) months for notice of non-delivery or damage or exceed more than nine (9) months from the date of the bill of lading in the event of a loss. Failure to do so will void any claim.
Concealed Damage – In the event of delay in opening packages at the insured destination, any damage discovered upon opening which can reasonably attribute to have occurred during the insured voyage and adjusted in accordance with all other provisions of this policy; provided that the delay in the opening does not exceed 15 days from the date of arrival at the insured destination. It is a condition of this insurance that packages showing evidence of external damage at the time of arrival at the insured destination will be opened and inspected for damages.
First Notice of Loss Documentation:
The following is a list of documents typically required:
- Completed notification of the freight claim to the respective carrier involved (using Falvey Notice of Damage to Carrier template)
- Bill of lading
- Signed delivery receipt/transportation carrier’s confirmation of non-delivery, whichever is applicable
- Packing list
- Freight invoice
- Photos of the goods and packaging have taken prior to shipment, if available
- Photos of the goods and packaging taken after delivery
- Itemized repair invoice
The adjuster may request additional documentation.
Freight Claims Process Overview:
- Freight Claims report directly to Falvey with supporting documentation via Falvey’s Online Portal. This portal is available 24/7.
- A claimant to notify the respective transporting carrier of a potential loss using Falvey’s Notice of Damage to Carrier template.
- Claims are set up, assigned to a claim handler, and acknowledged within 24 hours of the report.
- If they require additional documentation, provide an overview of this detail at the time of the acknowledgement of the claim.
- The goal of the claims team is to pay fairly and promptly once all documentation necessary for the claim has been received through efficient and convenient processes.
- Upon payment, Falvey’s Recoveries Team handles subrogation against Carriers.